Re: (Fwd) Fw: Worth a look

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Don't know for sure, but the DMSP in the file name makes me think that
> that image is from the Defense Meteorological Satellite...  It's also
> obviously a composite (the whole earth isn't night at one time).

	If you search through the files there you will find an explicit
statement indicating you are correct, and telling how the picture was
assembled.

> ISS is in a pretty low orbit and probably doesn't get a very good view
> of the poles (if at all), also.

	Correct.  Don't know the maximum latitude of visibilty from that
altitude.

	By the way, to turn this into a Tesla subject so Terry may let it go
through, it is interesting to note that ISS (and indeed all satellites
in orbit, even ones that are decaying, are moving ABOVE the region Tesla
thought he could use for power transmission.

Ed