Re: acmi error found? - Measuring techniques?

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Richie and all,

You are absolutely correct! Last night I was trying to simplify the
measurement technique a bit while trying to stay awake... and in the
process I ended up creating another problem!!  Ya' got me, Richie -
thanks for catching the error! :^)

Correction:
==========
The [better] method for measuring the secondary's resonant frequency
(Fo) in place involves disconnecting the primary from the rest of the
system (preventing spurious resonances with the NST protection circuit
or with the paralleled tank cap in a VTTC), and then (as you indicated)
grounding ONE end of the primary winding. This will "break" the primary
LC circuit, while leaving intact the primary-to-secondary capacitance
that's necessary for measuring the in-situ secondary Fo.

Hope you have only good things in 2001!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>