Re: AMRAD Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Date: 27 December 2000 18:52
Subject: Re: AMRAD Spark Gaps/ lo-Z magnifier

>Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Luc!

>Hi Ducan
>
>I make a fast search on the web and found : silicon rubber
O-ring can stand
>500° F some 600°F , Viton are good for 16 hours at 600°F.

Thanks for that.  I had a feeling that PTFE would do the
job, but wanted to be 'authentic' and also have you seen the
price they charge for this?  Whaaaaaaa ;-(

Silicone rubber O rings however are much more affordable.
If I ever get the urge to expand my quenched gap setup, or
ditch authenticity for leakproof gaps I think that's the
road I'll go.  In the meantime I'll squeeze another turn out
of the clamping bolts with that adjustable spanner, dab a
bit more grease on it and leave it at that.

BTW the low impedance magnifier idea works!  First light
this morning, though not very impressive.  Just needs a LOT
of development work, for which read 'coil winding' :-)

Dunckx