Re: GRAPHICS

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
> >
> >         By the way, I haven't figured out how to save graphics from
Excel or
> > Word in .gif or .jpg format, but sure it can be done.
> >
> Nope.. can't easily save in generic formats, just MS .bmp or MS .wmf.
> You can probably cut and paste into another program that will allow you
> to save in some sort of standard format.  MS PhotoEditor and/or MS
> Imaging might allow you to do this.

	I have used PhotoEditor, but thought I was doing it the hard way and
that there must be some better way.  On the Mac I have several good ways
to do it.

 There are also aftermarket add-ons
> for MS products that allow you to do other formats.
>
> However, there is one trick that you might find useful.  Get your
> document into MSWord. Then, do a "save as HTML". It will convert all the
> graphics in your document into www compatible graphics (.gif, normally)
> named in some cryptic (but decipherable) way.  You can then rename the
> .gif and do what you will.
>
> The same works for powerpoint, but not as well.
>
> Personally, I use VISIO (now owned by MS, as I recall) for all my
> diagram drawing

	Thanks for the tip on html.  Will give it a try.

Ed