Cap disposal question

Original poster: "Nathaniel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cosmos098-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Hi,

I have several old saltwater/motor oil capacitors which I used at one
time on my Tesla Coil.  However, it is now time that they be disposed
of, and disposed of properly.   These are mason jars wraped in aluminum
foil, with a layer of motor oil floating on top of salt water inside.

What is the best way to dispose of these?

BTW, I also  noticed that when the Tesla Coil was on, there appeared to
be some "churning" of the contents inside the capacitors.  What once
appeared as motor oil floating on salt water now permanently appears to
be the about the same color. What causes this?  I'm not too keen on
opening these capacitors to find out what's inside without asking advice
beforehand...

Thanks for any information,

-Nathaniel