Re: Secondary Voltage Measurement with CRO

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi Ted,

//lurk mode off//

On the issue of a very strong 3.5MHz RF component, let me ask a question
that may shed some light: What is the frequency of your color television
chroma subcarrier in NZ?

In the US it is 3.58MHz, just might possibly explain your anomaly...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

> Team
> Read Terry F's paper on sensing and recording secondary voltage waveforms.
>
> Tried same with less formal antenna ie scope probe and small piece of foil
> to capacitively couple at a distance of some 5 metres. (Frequency response
> issues accepted)
>
> Found very strong RF component at 3.5Mhz. Was supprised to see this as Fo is
> 95kHz. This 95kHz component was hard to find.
>
> Reason  for experiment was to estimate  pri/sec coupling by inspection of
> notch period.
> Have others found same result seeing only components well above Fo ??
>
> Tnx to all and to Terry for his work
>
> Rgds
> Ted L
> NZ