Re: Warning about Magnetek(sp?) Jefferson NST's and a depotting question.

In a message dated 12/28/00 6:26:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Also, what is the correct temp for melting tar out of a tranny in an oven
>  without having the tar smoke a lot? I seem to remember 200 degrees, but the
>  tar wasn't even soft with this temperature after 45 minutes.

Another thing to consider about the Jefferson units, is some of them
use a silica filled tar.  It's about 85% silica, so it's harder to really
melt it compared with pure tar which is more runny.

John Freau