[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rotary and static gaps

<<  I was talking to a friend (not a coiler but very interested) about gaps. I
> remember R.Hull? saying something about using a rotary and a static gap
> together, and we couldn't work out how this would work. Can anyone tell me
> how to do this as I can't remember the details, or can someone point me to
> the thread as I can't find it.

> cheers
>  bob golding >>

Bob,

Richard Hull likes to use static gaps in series with a rotary gap, for
extra quenching action.  Is this what you're refering to?

The extra gaps will help the quenching a little, but will increase
the losses.  I prefer to just loosen the coupling a little, and use just
the rotary.

Cheers,
John Freau