[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: avoid getting killed in the process...

Tesla List wrote:
 > Original Poster: "bob golding" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
 >
 >  Don't forget you can get zapped by plugs as well. If you don't believe me
 > try unplugging a TV then grabbing the prongs of the plug. Ouch, or ouch
 > crash!! if you happen to pick the TV up just after you have unplugged it.
 > This might apply to Tesla coils as well, just to stay on subject.
 > cheers
 > bob golding
 >

 > > after one unpleasant surprise working on an old color TV quite a while
 > ago,
 > > I always make sure that I am holding the plug to the device in question
 > IN
 > > MY HAND before I mess with the HV stuff.  AND, I make sure that it's the
 > > right cord too - it does no good to unplug something else and then get
 > > zapped

     I have been zapped by the prongs on the plug of a very small (6500v -at-
.65mA) power transformer when a cap (.0015uf) discharged through the
secondary. I would hate to have been bitten by a transformer with a larger cap
across the secondary, say a .0133uf cap on a 12kv 60mA NST.

Still learning,
Jason Johnson