[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety notes

to: Terry

If you put all this data into a disclaimer, and then someone is injured, you
would be in serious trouble.  It is the exact same principle as putting up a
large sign that says, "Dog Bites".  If he does bite someone the legal
beagles will blast you in court with, "So you know the dog bites, why did
you let him loose in your yard?"

A much better legal strategy is to put up a sign that says, "Beware of Dog,
or Caution: Dog on Duty".  You have not asserted your knowledge of the dog
and his capacity to bite.  You also have not fully defined "duty" so you
leave important legal loopholes with this type of signage.  This is a very
important legal principle.

As a manufacturer of these devices on a daily basis and with over 70 units
in daily operation around the country (and world), I have consulted
throughly with both my attorney and our insurance company legal staff.

Our strategy is to place a sign at the entrance area and also have the
demonstrator make a verbal warning prior to operation of the devices.  It is
rather simple.

    Caution:  High voltage electrical apparatus in use in this area.  If you
are wearing any type of electronic device such as a hearing aid, electronic
cardiac pacemaker, electronic camera, etc., it is recommended you view this
display from a distance of no less than 40 feet (actual distance varies with
the size of coil or high voltage device).

I am posting this to the Tesla List so at least they can beware of certain
legal implications which could "entrap" them if there is ever a problem.  We
also never let anyone sit or stand at a distance of less than 3 X the
"maximum striking distance" of the coil.

This strategy has worked since 1964 with only one claim --- and that one was
thrown out of court.  It involved a woman "sitting" on a plasma globe ( yea,
I know, don't LOL too hard).

Regards,

Dr. Resonance