[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Advanced Spark Gap Technology

Hi Gary,all

	I tried something like this using old hard disk platters. I used mica from
the local microwave shop. The stuff they use to repair the window at the
end of the waveguide. It is about .020" thick. The thing didn't work very
well as the arc tended to stay in one place . I think it might have worked
if
I had tried blowing more air across it. I think I will try again using your
method and making the  washers out of the mica I have left over.

cheers
bob golding