Hi Herwig, all,
> Original Poster: "Herwig Roscher" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>
> Hi coilers,
> After having assembled my new MMC I checked out the capacity
> of each string in order to monitor possible changes in the future. 16
> caps 100 nF connected in series (each of them paralelled by a 10
> MOhm bleeder) resulted in 7.0 nF. Strange, because the caps are
> tolerated +- 5%. I checked a single cap and the meter showed 150
> nF. I disconnected the bleeder and found the capacity to be 100
> nF. Correct! I used other type of meters and got different results.
> Obviously the measured capacitance is dependent on the value of
> the bleeder and the meter's measuring method. So watch out!
I ran into exactly the same problem when measuring some I built last
year. In the end, I resorted to resonating the finished articles with a
known inductance to derive their value.