[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC

Hi,

I have 10 Meg resistors arcoss each cap in my MMCs.  My handheld LCR meter
has never been affected by the resistors.  It uses sine waves to measure
the capacitance.  Perhaps metters that use RC timing get confused with the
resistors added...

The capacitance function of many multimeters has never work worth a darn
for me.  The "real" LCR meters seem to do fine.  Some of them measure
dissipation too...  Unfortunately, hand held LCR meters usually cost a bit
more than a nice multimeter(~$200).

The B&K870 series and the Elnico LCR1801 (sold under many brands) work very
well and are fantastic to have for coiling.  Too bad they are all pricey...

Cheers,

	Terry