[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: 20 gauge wire

It's not specifically the gauge or thickness of the wire that matters, but
rather how much inductance your secondary ultimately ends up with.  But then
physical reality comes into play, and a secondary of a given length and
diameter will have less inductance wound with a thick wire (fewer turns)
than with a thinner wire (more turns).  So, if you choose to use a thicker
wire, you'll have to compensate and use a wider diameter and/or longer
winding length.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA