[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Correction weirdness?

Hi Adam,

	The results make perfect sense.  When you add PF caps you are basically
trying to get the input power to the transformer to match the power
dissipated in the load (power factor = 1).  In the case of a short on the
output, the power dissipated in the load is almost zero.  Thus you should
be able to "tune" with PFC caps until you only see the power being
dissipated in the transformer's losses.

	What "I" wonder is if the 150uF value that is good for your shorted load
is also optimal for other operating TC loads??  Have to think about that...

Cheers,

	Terry