[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Correction weirdness?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Adam <adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
> Can someone explain what I'm seeing when I attempt to power factor correct
> my neons?

Snipperzzz...

Hi Adam ....

what you have here is a consumption of power used by the transformer (
in direct short method minimal power is being used) the power used will
be the transformer core eddy currents and hysteresis ...   now if you
add a coil to it and then retest  you will see a higher current draw on
the down side of the caps....   the best ive seen so far is a 50% drop
with caps online and coil running ( obviously im not using the full
amount of power available ;)  )

Scot D