[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Line Filters

In general, a line filter is a form of Low Pass Filter, with the cutoff
chosen to be somewhat above the operating frequency (normally 60 Hz in US
applications).   A 400 Hz filter would just have a higher cutoff (maybe, it
might even be the same, say 10 kHz), so I wouldn't expect any problems.

The problems with running 400Hz parts at 60 Hz would stem from inductances
across the line or capacitances in series (where the impedance would be too
low or high at 60 Hz, respectively), neither of which is likely to be the
case in a low pass line filter.