[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: multiple gap question

I also used the couplings.  While I could have saved maybe a dollar or two
(assuming I already had the pipe) and just cut up copper pipe, having
pre-made segments all exactly identical in length was well worth the price.
While using a pipe cutter to cut up pipe would have made the ends taper in
slightly, I've not seen any tendency in my fittings to arcing only at the
ends.  Mine were gapped at about 0.03", I used a feeler gauge to verify that
all segments were parallel to one another.  Are yours reasonably parallel?

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA