[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 20 gauge wire

Hi all,
         Since this is an area of interest to me, I have the odd
comment/query:

> Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>
>
> Hi All,
>           The idea is a that a larger wire lower L secondary can charge a
> bigger topload and therefore there is more current available to the arc (for
> disscussion of how arcs grow see the 'very long saprk' thread a few months
> back)

?  The topload is effectively charged from a primary energy store
isn't it?   One thing that low frequency running does buy you is the
temptation to build a higher L primary which definitely reduces
losses in the primary if it allows an increase in primary energy while
running the same or reduced gap current.

Regards,
Malcolm