[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spark gap

The field strength is strongest at the edge on the end.  If you carefully
round the ends in it will probably help.  I have found that if you use a
wheeled type tubing cutter, it produces a slight turn in on the edge which
works very nicely to get rid of the field concentration at the end of the
cylinder.  A bit of sandpaper to take the sharp edge off also helps.