[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multiple gap question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 2/11/00 7:34:28 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> <<
>  Hi Ralph....
>

>  you need to see the past posts on " A Better Wheel"  i redesigned the RQ
>  gap to be linear and apposed ...I believe Terry may still have the
>  pictures on his site ...  the gap has alot of advantages ( but there are
>  still a few that need improving) Im using mine on a 10 KVA pig  the gaps
>  air cooled and im getting great results for a static gap setup....
>

>  Scot D
>   >>
> Scot,
>
> I am considering building a linear forced air gap to test on my 6" coil
> running at 7kva to compare to the performance of my async rotary.  I would
> like to check yours out and get some ideas.  I envision two pieces of plastic
> (maybe .25" lexan) about 3 or 4" wide and as long as necessary.  Using about
> 10 copper pipe sections (purchased couplings,not cut - so hopefully they are
> all the same length) spaced about .030" apart.  The plastic could be routed
> on a mill so there is a slot down the length of each just as wide as the
> copper pieces.  Do you run a bolt through the center of each pipe section to
> clamp it in place?  The gap would need end pieces and some bottom tapered
> pieces to act as a manifold to connect to a vacuum motor.  Is this the right
> idea?
>
> Do you know which web site might have pictures of your gap?
>
> Does anyone have the phone number, part number and price of the vacuum motors
> that were discussed a while back?
>
> Ed Sonderman

Hi Ed ...

yupperz   im using one screw per tube    the slot acts as ( actually a
shallow cut) the aligning device

the pictures are on Terry's Site in his archive for pictures   my pics
are listed as SDgap1.jpg ,2 , 3 etc  take a peek and see how its made
ive had several good comments on the design

http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/scot/

Scot D