[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toploads that bite

Nick and Herwig,

I got tired of bending off the leads from 10M resistors to use as a safety
bleeder so I found a piece of 1/4-inch lexan around 4 x 1.5 inch. I glued 2
small pieces of brass to one side
of the plastic with a spacing wide enuff to clear the body of a 1 Watt, 10M
resistor. I drilled two holes of a size and spacing to slip over the
terminals of my MMC so the cap terminals can make contact with the brass and
then soldered two parallel 10M resistors across the brass
pieces. Viola: a safety bleed that I can simply slip over the MMC terms when
I am playing with the wiring. Try to remember that it is there.  :-))

I have a related question to enter in the stupid question contest. Since the
primary capacitor is connected across the secondary of the HV transformer,
doesn't it always
have a discharge path thru the transformer secondary? How can the capacitor
possibly hold a latent charge?

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman