[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: magnetic fields

magnetic fields don't affect corona..

however, if the mag field is created in connection with an electrical field
(i.e. it is time varying), then there might be a connection, since corona
is a result of the E field exceeding the local breakdown strength of air
(ca. 30 kV/cm)

In general, though, the magnetic field doesn't look particularly like the E
field.