[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Damages to Electronic Equipment

Hello Terry,

I'am a little troubled with your statement:

"Find a very good ground for the Tesla coil.  This will insure that the
RF has a place to go."

Sorry to maybe offend you, but I think that is not a very scientific
approach to explain electromagnetic phenomena. In fact grounding
the Tesla secondary will insure better radiation of RF energy. That
is the reason that transmitters and receivers are grounded.

In my opininion there is only one way to coil at home and that is
with a Farady cage and ofcourse RF filters. I'am sure planning to
mount chicken wire on all my garage walls and ceiling and ground
it. I will give a report on measured radiation when I'am done. (Give
me a couple of months, I'am still collecting 'Tesla stuff'.

Btw, arcing of the secondary coil is a big load and will therefore
reduce RF radiation.

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from lovely and wet Holland