[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Big Time Coil Problems...

Yes, I was aware I put too much voltage into the 20Kv caps, but:  they
never worked in the first place, not even for a second.  I only ran the
coil for 2 or 3 seconds at a time just to check for output.  And, I figured
mica transmitting caps could handle it for at least a couple seconds.  The
caps are at our "research facility / crack house" :-)  right now, but I'm
about to take my multimeter over there and check if they are blown anyway.
(I do not think they are, because last time I checked I discharged them
with a screwdriver and was able to get little spark out of them.)
	Secondly, the wire was only enough to wind between 20 and 21 inches.  A
little stubby, but it should still work.

	Thanks,
	    Ryan

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Big Time Coil Problems...
> Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 12:54 PM
>
> Original Poster: "Bunnykiller" <bigfoo39-at-idt-dot-net>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: "Ryan Ries" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>
> >
> > Man, I'm really mad now.  Our coil is not working at all (again?!).
Our