UPDATE: Big Time Coil Problems
Thanks for all the help and ideas guys. I went over to the "lab" (my
partner's vacant renthouse :)) right after reading some of the replies I
got today. Using my DMM, I tested the caps to be just fine. I knew they
were. :) However, I simply need more capacitance to match the rest of the
system. I knew that capacitance was low, but I didn't know it would be
that detrimental to the rest of the system. I hooked up three homemade
saltwater capacitors to make about .02µf. The system still only shot about
9", as opposed to over 3 feet we originally got, but that was with no
toroid, no tuning whatsoever, and the saltwater caps were run dry. (Not
immersed in oil.) So at least we know we are back on track. It was almost
a false alarm type situation. :) Anyway, thanks for the help.
PS - Visit my page at www.wf-dot-net/~spud
I don't have the newest pictures posted yet, but I will soon.