[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark plug gap, was:Re: Got my first coil running!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: Got my first coil running!!

> Original Poster: "ross andrews" <sflourine-at-home-dot-com>
>

> Hi Jon,
>
> Great looking coil!  I wish mine had turned out that nice! :P
>
> One thing I'm wondering about tho...I noticed that your spark gap
> consists of 8 or so spark plugs in series - I don't know right off hand
> if this makes a big difference, but what about the resistors that are
> built in to most plugs?  All wired in series, they might rob you of some
> power, no?  Anyone know the specifics?
>
> Ross

Ross,
 I realized that the Bosch plugs have internal resistors, and I have
switched to non-resistor Champion plugs. I measured one of the resistor
plugs and it was something like 5k ohms (I don't remember for sure). They
got very hot, very quickly! The non-resistor plugs seem to work very well!

Jon

<http://www.fortunecity-dot-com/silverstone/impala/403/tesla.html>http://www.fo