[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Core winding

Hi Adam,
 I have been working on a couple tranny winding projects
myself. The bottom line on your core is that it probably
can't do more than it did before, 15/30. NST's aren't
usually over built. The main prob is to fit the winding
in the same space if you just want to duplicate what you
had. Then there is the economic side, it's not.
 When you can buy a pig for $100.00 it's hardly worth it
to build such a small xformer, even just for fun. For not
much more effort you could wind a much bigger xformer if
you had the core.
 Get a huge core then look at the numbers again. I'll
fill you on details on my projects soon.
 Allen Cart