[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Reducing Self Resonance In Rolled Caps

I will testify to this.  I have enjoyed laying around 12 mil
of polyethylene on top of my toroid, and then handing a ground
wire from the ceiling.  I then take a flat PVC end cap the kind
used for just testing for leaks, probably about 60mil, on top
of the poly.  Then put a small screw on top of that.  The
streamers go for the screw and then splash out in all directions.
It is really cool looking.  I have a very small coil I don't
know if it would work with those 3-4 foot streamers.  That
might just punch a whole through the poly.  However when it
does work the streamers floating atop the poly go about 3-4
times further than in air.  Try it, it is really impressive.

> Coiler greets from Germany,
> Reinhard

Cheers,
Bill Parn