[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Plugs

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <TRosen1-at-Tandy-dot-com>
>
> Based on the use of NON resistor spark plugs, properly gapped and connected
> and seated and cooled.....what's wrong with using them?
> Or in other words, why are we trying to invent a better spark plug when GM
> and Ford and those guys spend much more money on the development? What am I
> missing here?
>
> Ted

the word is COOLING   true   automotive plugs handle the cylinder head
heats and spark ranges near 30KV but the amperage is low in auto use...

TC's can pump 100's maybe even thousands of amps per "cycle" at 20KV
auto plugs just arent made to handle that kind of abuse for long...

I used tungsten electrodes for my single gap set and even those didnt
last ( tungsten rods  as in rods used for welding :)   )

Scot D