[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vacuum Pump and Whatnot...

For those of you who own vacuum pumps or refridgerator compressors turned
vacuum pumps-

      My vacuum pump was taken from an old air conditioner and no longer can
reach a very low pressure as it once could.  I am led to believe that it
requires an oil change. However, I can't get open the oil spout or whatever, it
might have some kind of locking compound on the threads of the bolt which holds
in the dipstick.  Would it be okay to put oil directly into the vacuum chamber
through the input?   I thought I would consult the more experienced before
making such a decision.
Thanks....

-Michael