[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: Damages to Electronic Equipment

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 Tesla List  wrote:
> Original Poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I have 2 EMI filters on my coil, and I have (accidentally) run the coil in
> the basement dirctly under the computer in our house with no ill effects,
but
> as a rule, i unplug everything electronic.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

There are more people on this list reporting no damage, so maybe my concern
is not justified, but I bed your most sensitive piece of electronics has a
metal case and therefore will have a shield (Faraday cage). Also when it is
not connected to earth.

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from lovely and wet (and black now at 1am) Holland.