[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacuum Pump and Whatnot...

At 12:08 PM 19/02/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Michael Novak" <Acmnovak-at-execpc-dot-com>

>My vacuum pump was taken from an old air conditioner and no longer can
>reach a very low pressure as it once could.  I am led to believe that it
>requires an oil change.  However, I can't get open the oil spout or
>whatever, it might have some kind of locking compound on the threads of
>the bolt which holds in the dipstick.  Would it be okay to put oil
>directly into the vacuum chamber through the input?

>Thanks....
>

>Michael

Hello Michael:

A friend of mine is a refrigeration tech and he tells me there is a special
oil made just for that purpose.  It doesn't take a lot, and they generally
put new oil in when re-charging a system.  Check with any of the local car
dealers, as they should have it for air conditioning systems in cars.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca