[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

toroid question/TC status report

     Folks,

     I am using the "2 pie plate hub/heating duct torus" toroid
     construction method. However, I am unable to find suitable aluminum
     pie plates for the toroid hub.  The aluminum ones I have tried are
     very flimsy.

     I have found some beefy steel pie plates though.  Is steel appropriate
     (conductive enough?) for this application?

     In other coil news, after a marathon HDPE sawing, clamping, drilling
     and tapping session this weekend, I am happy to report that I have
     finished the primary supports and attached them to the base.  I
     staggered the supports 1/16" of an inch each, clamped them, and then
     drilled straight through to make the holes for the primary wire as
     someone else on the list suggested, and it worked great!

     I hope to lay in the refrigerator tubing tonight. . . .

     thanks,

     paul mathus