[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Transformers

In a message dated 2/20/00 12:20:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Ed,
 If you can say so without getting the guy from your pub scv co strung up,
 what's the name of your company? Where? Here, in S. Central Indiana, I have
 Cinergy. After 5-10
 minutes of trying to get past the gum-chewing high school kid, I have
finally
 met the
 engineer/management type who can give an intelligent answer: NO. The word
 here is that because of possible legal consequences, absolutely under no
 circumstances can he sell any of the junk he has piled in the junk yard.
They
 say that anything as large or
 expensive as a capacitor or a pole pig is inventoried and accounted for on a
 one-in-one out basis. All that stuff eventually goes to the big bone yard in
 Indianapolis. That's the
 story. I would like to know how you do it?

 Happy day,
 Ralph Zekelman

Ralph,

I bought mine from the local utility company.  I knew someone who worked
there and he gave me the name of the guy in charge of getting rid of all the
scrap (his job title was Investment Recovery).  I did have to sign a waiver,
but did not really have any trouble getting it.

Ed Sonderman