[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

VTTC

Hello,

I'm planning on building a DC driven, CW operated VTTC. In
contrast to spark gap excited systems, both, the primary and the
secondary circuit, are parallel resonant circuits here. Therefore I'm
assuming that the L/C ratio of the primary coil should be different
from the "standard design". The turns ratio primary coil/secondary
coil and the coupling factor between these coils are responsible for
suiting the plate resistance to the discharges.

Up to now the planned system looks like this:
Primary circuit: C = 2 nF, form = 6", turns = 25, AWG = 12
Secondary circuit: Form = 3", turns = 900, AWG = 28, corona
shield, some " apart
Grid coil: Form = 6", turns = 12, AWG = 22, distance from primary
coil about 1"

Does this sound good?

Q: Terry found out, that the streamer load for disruptive systems is
equal to 220 kOhms in series with about 2 pF per foot of streamer
length. Does anyone know similar figures for the "brush" of CW
systems?

Q: Are there any figures for the number of primary turns, the L/C
ratio and the coupling to get me in the ballpark (in case, the a. m.
concept is totally wrong)?

I know, there's a long way to go and would appreciate some help.

Regards		Herwig