[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST->DC Re: CGA Monitor Flyback ???

Hi,

before commenting, I'd like to ask a question along the same topic. To
make a DC Tesla coil using a NST, can I use HV rectifiers on the NST
secondary side? Or is this a bad idea with NSTs?

> So now I am curious, Do you think this flyback is going
> through a diode turning it into DC.

I've also a tiny TC that uses a halfwave rectified TV flyback power
supply, the diode built-in inside the flyback, but the power put into the
system is too little to have a high firing rate.

Maybe your flyback is way more powerful.

As to the frequency, if you have the driver circuitry and all, the flyback
will run at some kHz - personally I got best output at about 7kHz, but
some claim these things will run in the order of 100s of kHz.

When you connect the flyback directly to the mains, it will
just act as a normal step up transformer, not like a flyback. The voltage
could be below the possible output (is 12V->15kV or so in flyback
operation), but if you drive it at a higher primary side voltage than
intended, you could end up with the same output voltage.
(this didn't answer much to what you asked, but anyway... :o)

greetz,
Jan