[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Baptism in fire.....Matt 3:11

In a message dated 2/23/00 9:34:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Alright, it's official, The Geek Group are now *real* Tesla Coilers.

 While performing "Second Light" Aleks asked "What's that smell?". I said
 "Ozone" then thought....we're standing 20' apart with a wind blowing
 sideways between us. hmmmmmm

 then I saw a whisp of smoke coming from the control panel.....

 Anybody wanna buy a cheap variac? lol

 "Catastophic structural failure do to internal overheating"

 Fortunately we have a new 10A variac, and all the parts to build a new
 control panel. Any tips?

 Chris "Matt 3:11"Boden

Chris,

Yes, don't leave the control panel.  I either sit there myself or have
someone else at the controls whenever the coil is running - just waiting to
shut everything down quickly should something look or smell wrong.

Ed Sonderman