From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: G10 (and GPO3)

Original Poster: "Dan Kline" <ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu>

Hi all,
I'm thinking about making a G-10 disk for a sync-gap. Is it possible to cut
this stuff on a band-saw, and then finish up with a sander (for trueing the
disk? I've done this before with lucite and lexan :)

I'm also looking at "Electrical Grade Fiberglass (GPO3)" at McMaster-Carr's
site (http://www.mcmaster-carr-dot-com , under "plastics", then "fiberglass").
A 1/2" thick, 12" x 12" sheet is only $12.54 and has the following
characteristics:

====
Electrical Grade Fiberglass (GP03)

• Color: Opaque red
• Temp. Range: 0° to 400° F
• Tensile Strength: Excellent
• Impact Strength: Excellent
• Excellent electrical insulator
• Use indoors
• Easy to machine

Enhanced electrical insulation properties and a flame-resistant additive
make this material ideal for electrical applications. It is a glass
fiber-reinforced
polyester. Material meets UL-94V0 standards.
====

I know we don't like polyester, but does it really matter in this
application?

Thanks,
Dan