[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync Rotary gap motor

Mark,

Any kind of induction motor without armature windings can be
modified by grinding flats to make it sync.  It doesn't matter if it
split phase or cap start, or cap run.  A 1725rpm motor gets 4 flats,
a 3600 rpm motor gets 2 flatls.  The armature (really a squirell cage
rotor), has imbedded copper or aluminum bars which behave as
windings, but they don't look like windings (there are no visible
windings).  There are some induction motors (probably very old
or special types) that have normal windings in the armature, and
have brushes, but these are rarely seen.

Cheers,
John Freau
--

<<