[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: G10 (and GPO3)

That stuff would probably work just fine.  It is glass polyester instead of
glass epoxy. I use Extren structural material all the time for HV stuff (as
does most of the rest of the world)...Extren is a pultruded glass
polyester.

The only thing to watch out for on rotary gaps is the strength when it gets
warm.

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: G10 (and GPO3)
> Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:21 PM
>
> Original Poster: "Dan Kline" <ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu>
>
> Hi all,
> I'm thinking about making a G-10 disk for a sync-gap. Is it possible to
cut
> this stuff on a band-saw, and then finish up with a sander (for trueing
the
> disk? I've done this before with lucite and lexan :)
>
> I'm also looking at "Electrical Grade Fiberglass (GPO3)" at
McMaster-Carr's