[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Capacitor -- Was -- RE: schematics...Adam Smith's

Hi William,

> Original Poster: "William Parn" <parn-at-fgm-dot-com>
>

> Greetings,

That should actually have been power factor correction (PFC)
capacitor.

> > I always use them with NSTs. Makes switches and fuses a lot
> > happier.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Malcolm
> >

> What is a power factor capacitor, and where does it go?

It is used to counteract the effects of an inductive load as seen by
the mains. The idea is to bring current into phase with voltage. It
goes directly across the transformer primary terminals.

Malcolm