[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UK supplier of FR4/G10

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:45:48 -0700, you wrote:

>Original Poster: "bob golding" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
>
>Hi all,
>	I have located a UK supplier of 9.6mm FR4/G10. We will have to buy a 3
>foot x 2 foot sheet, but it works out much cheaper than carp brand tufnol.
>One sheet costs  £136.68 which works out at £22.78 for a 12" x 12" piece
>plus cutting and postage. I will investigate getting it cut, (any ideas of
>the best way to cut it? will it guillotine ?). If anyone wants to come in
>on this contact me off list.
The only sensible way to cut G10 is with a carbide tip - it eats
high-speed steel due to the glass.
For the odd few cuts a coarse metal or fine wood jigsaw blade would do
it but not last long. The carbide-dust coated blades sold for tile
cutting would be better. A suitably fine-toothed TCT circular saw
would probably also be good, if a little scary!