[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My Second Light :-)

Hi All,
          I wouldn't have thought it was the wire heating, unless you've
used ferry wire ;-)  It sounds more like slight break down within the coil
form, which is good news and bad news:
Good news - It is sucking loads of your power and therefore if you cure it
you could make much bigger arcs. :-)
Bad News - To cure it you've gotta wind a new secondary :-(

Before you rush out to wind a new sec. - how did you prepare the coil form
before you wound this one?  What material and colour of material is it wound
on?

Regards
Nick Field