[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dr. Megavolt & fire extinguisher thoughts

Hi Jeff, all (esp those getting a pig),

Jeff, I had a look at Richardīs site, but didnīt find the
extinguisher "mess" you mentioned. BUT I did find
an interesting part on his site, which ALL people
running or those planning to run a pole pig MUST
view. It can be found at:
http://www.drmegavolt-dot-com/underpages/warning.asp

Very gruesome indeed. It might not turn ou that
spectacular, if you get caught in a reverse running
pigīs HV fingers, but it will be very similar and the
result (sudden death) WILL be the same. Look at
it, BEFORE you buy one. One thing I donīt understand
about the picture is the lineman (in hoist cage) just
seems to be ignoring that poor "genius" who is scaling
up the pole.

As to fire extinguishers, we used to have Halon extinguishers
over here in Germany. Very effective (better than CO2) at
putting out fires and NO mess to clean up afterward. Sadly
enough, some ecologist groups decided they arenīt
environmentally safe. So they where banned and all those
that owned one, had to dispose of them at their own costs.

Sorry, but when the time comes to USE an extinguisher,
most definitely, my ecological thoughts ARE secondary. So,
now all we have left are water extinguishers (no good for
most fires) and the messy powder extinguishers. Yuck!!

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard