[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Digital Camera acid test.

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Finn Hammer" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>
>
> Hi!
>
> During todays coiling activities, i forgot , that I had placed my new
> Olympus C-830L digital camera on the platform right under the primary of
> the coil.
> So after having run the coil for 5 minutes straight, (cap stays cool) I
> was interested to see, if it still worked, It did...:-)
>
> Cheers, Finn Hammer

Finn,

Is your camera body plastic or metal? If metal, the body itself may have
acted as a Faraday shield, protecting the innards of the camera. In any
event, it's amazing that the strong RF magnetic field from the primary
didn't induce (pun intended) some problems in the camera... Guess we
might be able to relax a bit when using these devices near our coils!

Thanks for the information!!  :^)

-- Bert --