[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dr. Megavolt & fire extinguisher thoughts

See comments below...

> Jeff, I had a look at Richardīs site, but didnīt find the
> extinguisher "mess" you mentioned. BUT I did find
> an interesting part on his site, which ALL people
> running or those planning to run a pole pig MUST
> view. It can be found at:
> http://www.drmegavolt-dot-com/underpages/warning.asp

It's there as part of a video named john_on_coil.asf...

> result (sudden death) WILL be the same. Look at
> it, BEFORE you buy one. One thing I donīt understand
> about the picture is the lineman (in hoist cage) just
> seems to be ignoring that poor "genius" who is scaling
> up the pole.

The event depicted is a very short event (ha ha no pun
intended) much faster than the human lineman could
respond. It only looks longer because you're looking
at individual frames...

> As to fire extinguishers, we used to have Halon extinguishers
> over here in Germany. Very effective (better than CO2) at
> putting out fires and NO mess to clean up afterward. Sadly
> enough, some ecologist groups decided they arenīt
> environmentally safe. So they where banned and all those
> that owned one, had to dispose of them at their own costs.

Halon smells really bad and leaves a odor behind too.