[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dr. Megavolt & fire extinguisher thoughts

At 22:41 27/02/2000 -0700, Jeff W. Parisse wrote:

> > result (sudden death) WILL be the same. Look at
> > it, BEFORE you buy one. One thing I donīt understand
> > about the picture is the lineman (in hoist cage) just
> > seems to be ignoring that poor "genius" who is scaling
> > up the pole.
>
>The event depicted is a very short event (ha ha no pun
>intended) much faster than the human lineman could
>respond. It only looks longer because you're looking
>at individual frames...

Actually, even if it were longer and the silly sod was up there threatening
to "jump" for an hour, no linesman with any experience would go within 100'
...... no point having 2 BBQ'd bodies.

Rule 1:  Do NOT approach the person being electrocuted.  Find the power
source and eliminate it from a safe distance.

Cheers

Mark

Tesla Home Page:   http://www.adelaide-dot-net.au/~mefinnis/