[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Capacitor -- Was -- RE:schematics...AdamSmith's

>  what can we do to find
> these suppliers of goodies ????   If i knew of a source of lower than
> retail pricing i would be doing alot more coiling....

    I found 5 PFC caps for a total of around 200uf in the local
scrapyard--turns
out much of their scrap consists of old industrial motors.  I'm sure there
are a
ton still sitting there.  I also found a massive transformer which I am now
using
for current limiting--there were several other, much older ones which were far
more massive--easily capable of 20-30 kva.  If you look around long enough, you
can find the most interesting things.