[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Inductance

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 13:44
Subject: Re: NST Inductance

Original Poster: "Grady Guard" <gradyguard-at-hotmail-dot-com>
"""
snip....

>Jim, All,
>
>I've run a single 15-at-60 NST powered, static gap TC through a single Corcom
>line filter from a small 1400 watt Honda genset and the coil performed as
>well as off mains power hurling 40 inchers.  I used a metal pickup truck as
>a counterpoise.
>There should indeed be some good deals on portable generators coming up
>shortly.
>
>Robert W. Stephens
>Director
>AREA31 Research Facility
>www.area31-dot-org

I wouldn't recommend using a vehicle as a counterpoise unless the
gas tank was very full!

Regards,
Grady.
"""

Grady,

Here in Canada adding the cost of a tank full of gasoline would price most
low budget scientific research way beyond what is possible.
My organization wrote the book about low budget research.  Then we had to
burn it to keep our lab from freezing.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility